The name of the village in the Rába Valley was given to it by the brothers Gastony of the nobility. Previously it was called Kövesszarm, and at the then western border of Hungary the so-called. the lawn was guarded by guards. Kálmán Széll, a famous native of the village, was elected Minister of Finance and then Prime Minister of the country in 1875.
The most famous building of the village is the Roman Catholic Baroque church, inside II. Joseph with Turkish inscriptions. In the woods near the village is the shrine called Mary’s Garden, which was consecrated in 1941 and has been a popular pilgrimage site ever since. Today, the Baroque-style Pázmándy Castle houses a mayor’s office and a cultural home.